Have you ever felt like you lost your sense of peace? I mean, it’s normal to feel out of it, but sometimes it just seems like that lack of peace doesn’t seem to stop. One thing after another doesn’t seem to go your way, and you feel like it’s only going to get worse.
Maybe you received bad news, or perhaps you are anxious about something. Either way, your sense of peace is now gone, and now you’re just scrambling to get things back in order.
I know what what that feels like. I also know that is not the way we are supposed to live (and this is coming from a “worrier.)
It doesn’t matter if you are concerned about a health issue for yourself or your loved one, or that job that you really wanted. What I understand that when we lose our peace of mind, God can’t work in us at that moment.
Over time, I have collected some quotes, and reminders that helps me put things back in the correct perspective. Being part of the Church Militant, we know that there is a lot of things that we cannot do on our own, so it’s always to good to call in reinforcements.
Yes, we’re going to worry about things, even be anxious about them— but if we ask our Father for guidance, and then be patient to listen for the answers, we will see that there is nothing we have to worry about.
8 Inspirational Quotes for Peace of Mind
1. The devil does his utmost to banish peace from one’s heart because he knows that God abides in peace and it is in peace and it is in peace that He accomplishes great things. — Dom Lorenzo Scupoli.
2. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. — Psalm 56:3.
3. For god has not given a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. — 2 Tim 1:7
4. Do not have any anxiety about the future. Leave everything in God’s hands for he will take care of you. — St. John the Baptist de la Salle.
5. God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Ps. 46. 1
6. Jesus told him “don’t be afraid; just believe.” Mark 5:36
7. If certain thoughts bother you, it is the devil who causes you to worry and not God, Who, being the spirit of peace grants you tranquility. – Saint Padre Pio.
8. You say you are anxious about the future, but don’t you know that the Lord is with you always and that your enemy has no power over one who has resolved to being entirely to Jesus?” — Saint Padre Pio
Do you have a favorite quote or scripture passage? Share it in the comments below!