Imagine being a young woman about to be married to a carpenter, and you never had relations with anyone. You just wonder how can all this be possible!
Then imagine saying “yes” to this task and never knowing what the future will hold.
I remember my first positive pregnancy test, and even though i am married, it was still scary.
This season of advent I think about this. How a simple yes changed the world forever.
Everyday we are given a choice to say yes.
It may not affect the whole world, but it does affect someone’s world.
When someone asks something of you, think how easy it is to say no.
Now think what changes you can make, and be a part of, just by saying yes.
• Opening your heart to receive a new friend.
• Donating your time to a local charity.
• Reading a book to your child, even though you are really tired.
• Going out your way to bring a care package to someone who is ill.
• Calling a loved one on the phone just to say hi.
Everyday we are invited to say, yes, but how many times do we actually say it?