As you know, my word this year I have chosen the word: BOLD and as the first quarter of the year is at a close, and I’ve come to a lot of conclusions and insights on what this word means to me.
A harmless word when taken exactly for what it is, but a word that I did not interpret right.
boldbōld/adjective1.(of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.
I’ve come to learn that Bold for me is:
- Allowing myself to become detached from a lot of things.
- Being okay with not wanting to jump on all social media platforms to get my platform out there; and even removing myself from a few to stay true to myself.
- Not look externally for my happiness or definition of ‘self’.
- To talk about heartfelt things during the week, and change it up one day with something light-hearted.
- To disconnect to hear my voice and appreciate it.
For me, it’s the last one that is really hard to accept. After all, if you’re online and have an online presence, there is this deep urge to always be connected. However, in my continuous urge to connect and be connected, I end up picking up different energies that are not my own, goals that are not my own.
In moment of weakness, other people’s goals becomes my goal, and subconsciously, I find myself moving in that direction even thought I had no intention of going that way before. I find myself removed from my center, and know it’s time to disconnect.
It is in those moments of disconnect that I appreciate the most. Those moments of being offline, I can hear my voice and feel myself become realigned with my goals.